A treasured annual event is “leveling-up” this year and expanding to include two full days of business support activities – on Thursday, November 17th and Friday, November 18th, plus an additional workshop on Tuesday, November 15th. Local business people and aspiring entrepreneurs are invited to attend free activities designed to share local resources for businesses and to celebrate and support the people who drive our local economy and business culture in Jefferson County.
The 5th Annual Collaborative Business Symposium events will be held at four locations throughout downtown Port Townsend – The CoLab, the Business Resource Center, The Business Guides, and Key City Public Theatre.
Event sponsors include: WAVE Broadband,New American Funding, Broad Leaf Farm (Everson, WA), The Business Guides, and WAVE Business/Michael Brown; additional business sponsorship opportunities are still available by contacting The CoLab.
This event is produced by The CoLab, Gift of Good Work, EDC Team Jefferson, and Thunderbull Productions; promotion partners include the Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce and Key City Public Theatre. Special Thanks to Printery Communications - The Printery and Star Copy Center for sponsorship of the printing!
The Collaborative Business Symposium is free and open to the public and features the following activities:
TUESDAY, NOV. 15
- FREE WORKSHOP: Selling Your Business? Make it Attractive to Bankers & Buyers, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Join us for a panel of commercial lending experts to guide you through the key factors you should consider when preparing for the sale of your business. We’ll review the business sale from both sides of the business deal, so you’ll be better informed of how to craft a proposal that works for both the buyer and seller.
Workshop will be located at The Business Guides training room, at 1005 Lawrence Street in Uptown Port Townsend, WA, 98368. Registration is free, space is limited.
THURSDAY, NOV. 17
- A full day of free coworking (9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
in The CoLab’s beautiful membership-based coworking and meeting space in downtown Port Townsend (237 Taylor Street, 2nd Floor). Bring your laptop, pull up a desk or a couch, meet some fellow independent business folks and get some work done!
- Free 1-on-1 business service consultations with business support services to help move your business forward!
Consultations will be available in services such as website development, graphic design, business strategy and planning, and legal services.
Consultations will be available between 10:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. at The CoLab.
Space is limited. Reservations for business consultations is encouraged.
CLICK HERE to Learn More and Register for a Consultation >
- The first in a series of quarterly discussion forums called CoLab Straight Talk.
Join us from 5:00 to 6:30 p.m. at The CoLab (237 Taylor Street, 2nd Floor) to participate in a lively and honest themed discussion about what it’s really like to make a life in Jefferson County. The theme of this first Straight Talk discussion is: Innovation – what does it really mean to innovate; is it worth the effort, and are there ways to innovate together?
FRIDAY, NOV. 18
- Head over to the Business Resource Center at 2409 Jefferson Street starting at 10:00 a.m. for free business workshops and a brown bag lunch on the following topics.
- 10:00 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.:
Using Social Media to Promote Your Business & Events -
Instructor: Frank DePalma, President, Totera Web Systems
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.:
Brown Bag Lunch and roundtable discussion about LEAN Business Practices.
If you have or are interested in learning about and practicing LEAN techniques in your business or project, join us for a discussion to share experiences.
- 12:30 p.m. - 1:45 p.m.:
Access to Capital and the True Cost of Business Financing -
Instructors: Brian Kuh and Peter Quinn, COO and CEO of EDC Team Jefferson (Jefferson County Economic Development Council).
- 2:00 p.m. - 3:15 pm.:
Funding Your Project with an Innovation Research Grant (SBIR) -
Instructor: Bill Lowry, President, Olympic Research Inc.
CLICK HERE for Workshop Info and Online Registration >
- 10:00 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.:
- Five Minutes of Brilliance is back with a whole new venue and lots of exciting stories to tell! Come celebrate some of the best ideas from and for our local community. From 5:30 – 7:00 p.m., you’ll hear 5-minute presentations from all across the County about the innovative and inspiring projects and ideas that are starting and growing right here at home. In the context of all the challenging things in our world today, you’ll leave this event with renewed hope about the potential of our great community! This event will be held on the stage at Key City Public Theatre, located at 419 Washington Street.
More information about the 5th Annual Collaborative Business Symposium is available at www.colabnw.com/cbs. Space is limited in the free workshops and business service consultation sessions, so attendees are encouraged to pre-register via the website. A full Symposium Schedule and links to preregistration can be found at www.colabnw.com/cbs/agenda.